To further the gains of our Ben Enwonwu Young Artist of the Year (BEFYART), during the school year we offer guided tours for children in primary and secondary schools at reduced rates.
The tour provides students an overview of Ben Enwonwu’s life and art. In addition to the many paintings and sculptures that are showcased at the gallery, students will also view some of the artist’s effects on display including medals and certificates of awards he received, the tools he used to create his art, photographs of him with prominent figures, newspaper clippings, and other personal objects.
Bookings can be made for one class (up to 30 pupils) and their adult supervisors on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings. The guided tours take approximately an hour with an opportunity to take photographs after lunch.
Booking for our 2018 season will open in early January.
- Educational booking dates for 2018 are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings. Booking for 2018 will open in early January.
- Educational visits start at 10.00 am and slots are allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Each time slot can accommodate a class of up to 30 students.
- Our staff and tour guides can not supervise students. We require one adult to accompany every five primary school children throughout the visit, and at least one adult for every ten secondary school pupils.
- Please include your school name and visiting year group in your booking information.